Pages

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Absolute Peace

You know, it's strange where peace can be found: concerts, meditation, yoga, storms, nature, ect.  Personally, I never have a set place where I find peace; it kind of just hits me.  Now, I'm not talking about some kind of enlightened state; just the feeling that everything in your life is balanced, and your mind is quiet. My mind is rarely quiet, and those who know me, know that I usually talk a mile a minute, and jump from topic to topic quite frequently.  But, tonight I found absolute peace. 
I was driving home from my friends house, she lives in the country, and it was raining and lightening.  I drove with my window down, so I could hear and smell the rain.  Everything was a deep indigo colour; the most beautiful blue.  I was listening to Fleet Foxes, a staple band for me, one that I listen to quite often to calm my mind.  Just the coolness of the air, the smell of the rain, the lightening, to melodic quality of the music, and the openess of the empty road, I was at peace: utter, absolute peace.  I was just being: breathing in and out.  Nothing mattered, just complete calm.
I cherish these moments in my life, where everything just seems to fall into place, everything works together in a symbiotic orchestra: nothing out of tune or beat. 
This moment to me is a great end to my summer, essentially.  In a weeks time, my friends are starting to move, I only have two weeks left in Dawson before I move.  It's time to accept that my life is changing and everything that is happening and has been happening for the past ten months, is real.  It's time to start packing and saying my goodbyes (Until December!).  It doesn't matter if I'm not ready anymore, life is moving on with or without me.

No comments: