Pages

Monday, August 9, 2010

Monday

I am sure that today was one of the longest mondays I have ever endured. 
Firstly, Mondays are usually my day off.  I often do my banking and other errands I can't do on Sunday because everything is closed.  Oh yes, and on Sunday nights I usually goto bed late, because I get to sleep in on Mondays.  Not today!  Today, I got a call from my manager asking me to come in today, becasue she was feeling ill and needed another girl on staff.  I mean, this is fine, life goes on.  Yadda, yadda, yadda.  I get to work, all is fine, the day is passing with out issue, then It happens.  It is some unknown Monday poltergeist that decided to bestow unlimited bad luck upon the employees of the Pet Store.  First, it started with some kind of mysterious Ebola plague killing the gold fish.  I think atleast seventy died today.  Know how gross that is?  It's nasty.  Then, It struck again and for the last three hours of work, the internet went down, rendering the debit machines useless.  Now, you'd think people could read the bright neon signs that said the debit was down and that we're accepting cash only, but nope. 
All in all, today was... interesting and exhausting.
Love, peace, and the bubonic fish plague,
Sam.

No comments: